Marriott have 11 Hotel & Country Clubs in the UK & Europe which are home to 16 golf courses including several Championship standard courses. Marriott are serious about golf and they needed a digital presence that supported that.
Marriott were looking for a solution to strengthen the digital presence of the golf brand, support the growth of that side of the business and create a standalone site that would appeal to members and weekend golfers alike.
It was also important to build a strong central presence for their golf business to capitalise on natural search and drive their seasonal marketing campaigns in a way they couldn’t previously do under the main Marriott.co.uk site.
As well as providing the core information on each of the courses, support online bookings and promote offers and events, Marriott were keen to engage in a more meaningful way with their thousands of existing members.
Redberry proposed a new destination website for the Marriott Golf brand that would allow them to house content for all 11 clubs, provide a destination for campaign activity and create a launchpad for supporting services such as a Members Area and Tee Time booking system. In addition to information about each of the properties and courses there are details of golf events, special offers and membership.
In addition, we created a companion mobile app on iOS and Android to serve members, day players and residential guests alike. The app is feature rich and includes:
- Interactive scorecards to track and share rounds
- Cumulative player stats show progress and averages
- Hole-by-hole tips from the course pros
- GPS course maps and an Augmented Reality viewfinder to provide distances to the front of the green
- Players can also prepare for rounds using an integrated 5-day weather forecast
- In-app booking for tee-times
- Location-specific promos allowing club managers to push offers to local players
The site and app have continued to grow and as intended have become a vital part of the clubs’ marketing arsenal with regularly updated promotions and offers.
- All sites are now able to promote golf deals through the website and the app
- Year-on-year, the number of users visiting Marriott Golf pages doubled, with a 65% increase in pages per session
- 1 in 5 people who have the app installed use it regularly, 1 in 10 use the app for tee-time bookings
- Boosted SEO performance for location specific terms, e.g., ‘golf course bedfordshire’